Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.37% to 6.903.70
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.39% to 7,014.20
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,556.08 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$64.97 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT), its share price rose by 4.4% today.
Gold miner Evolution Mining Ltd (ASX: EVN) was also one of today’s top performers, its share price increased by 3.4%.
At the bottom of the ASX 200 the share price of Cooper Energy Ltd. (ASX: COE) dropped by 3.2%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Here’s where I would invest $5,000 right now in ASX shares
- 3 of the most promising ASX growth shares to buy
- Here’s why the Wisr share price is rising today
- Here’s why the CBA share price trades at a premium to other ASX banks
The Fool investment team has identified these ASX shares that could be worth a place in your portfolio.
You’re invited! For a limited time, The Motley Fool Australia is giving away a fantastic FREE report detailing our 3 TOP BLUE CHIP SHARES to buy and own for now and beyond!.
So if you like trustworthy, stable, high-performing companies that pay fat fully franked dividends – we’ve got you covered!
Stock #1 is a beloved old Australian company turning its attention to high-margin businesses… and rapidly returning cash to shareholders with its hefty dividend…
While Stock #2 is an online powerhouse that’s rapidly gaining market share all around the globe… poised for years (or even decades) of tremendous growth…
Even better, Stock #3 offers a whopping grossed-up dividend of over 6%! Which beats the rates on term deposits right out of the water – and offers the potential for capital gains, too.
You can discover all three shares inside our new report right now. To scoop up your FREE copy, simply click the link below right now. But you will want to hurry – this free report is available for a LIMITED TIME ONLY!
- The Afterpay share price rose by 4.5% today
- December 2019 quarter update sends Zip share price up 3%
- Should you buy Carsales shares?
- 2 ASX shares exposed to China’s growth
- How I plan to invest in ASX shares during 2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia’s parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO, Integrated Research Limited, Praemium Limited, and ZIPCOLTD FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Praemium Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
The post ALL ORDINARIES finishes lower Monday: 8 ASX shares you missed appeared first on Motley Fool Australia.